Pasta Vongole, so incredibly good and easy to make!
Summer on a plate! Best with a glass of chilled white wine.
The most important thing about this dish is that you rinse the shells well.
Leave them in the fridge for 2 hours with cold water so they can “spit” out all the sand.
Cut the garlic and chili into smaller pieces and make small cubes of the tomato and onion.
Finely chop parsley leaves and you are ready to start.
Add water to pasta, fry onion and garlic, add shells and white wine and put
on lid and let the shells cook for 3-4 minutes.
Wine tips for this must be a Soave from Italy.
Here I have several dinner tips with pasta
For updates, follow the blog on these social media platforms:
- 1 kg clams
- 2 shallots
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 dl white wine sauvignon blanc is my favorit
- 4 plum tomatoes cut into cubes
- ½ red chilli cut into rings or smaller pieces
- 1 dl parsley leaves finely chopped
- ½ the juice of half a lemon to taste
- 500 g pasta of good quality
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 hours before cooking, rinse the shells in cold water, put them in a bowl of cold water that you put in the fridge. What happens now is that the shells get rid of sand, you see what I mean when you see all the sand at the bottom of the bowl when you take them out.
- Put on water for pasta in a large saucepan.
- Find a pot that is big enough for the shells, pour in 2 tablespoons of olive oil and heat up.
- Fry the shallots and and half (1 clove) of the garlic so the onion is shiny (blancher).
- Pour over white wine, put on lid and turn up the heat, let the shells cook for 3-4 minutes or until they open. You throw away shells that do not open.
- Now you can choose if you strain the power, I do not because there is so much good taste in the onion.
- Take out the meat of approx. half of the shells, the rest you use for decoration and clean yourself while eating.
- Find a large frying pan or use the pan in which you cooked the shells.
- use the rest of the oil (3 tablespoons), add tomatoes, chilli and garlic and let it simmer for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the power and let it boil so the flavors settle.
- Add shells and parsley, pour over pasta and stir.
- Season with salt, pepper and lemon.
- Serve and enjoy!