Pasta al pil pil is perhaps better known as Gambas al Pil Pil which is a tapas. Here I have made a more filling version with pasta.
Perfect summer food with a cold dry white wine, Soave from Italy is my personal favorite for this one.
As you know, you can make your own mark on all dishes, tomatoes also go well with Pasta al Pil Pil, I personally remove the seeds and chop the tomato into smaller pieces.
Several dishes with pasta suitable for summer and sun that you can try::
Pasta with mussels in wine and cream sauce
Mussels in coconut milk with lime and spring onion
Pasta al pil pil
- 400 g pasta
- 125 ml olive oil extra virgin
- 1 tbs smoked paprika powder sweet
- 1 pinch pil pil spices or other chilli
- 4 cloves garlic In thin slices
- 800 g raw king prawns Or ordinary shrimp without shell
- Boil a large pot of water and salt for the pasta.
- Heat oil on medium heat in a frying pan and fry the garlic carefully together with the spice, making sure it is not too hot so you burn the garlic.
- Add shrimp and high heat, add salt and pepper to taste.
- If the prawns are fresh and not cooked, they are ready when they are pink.
- Add a ladle of pasta water to the frying pan and pour off the water.
- Add pasta to the pan and stir, garnish with parsley.