Mussels in coconut milk are summer food, but in my opinion, mussels taste better if better in winter.
This recipe is a simplified version, feel free to replace salt with fish sauce and Japanese soy sauce.
This is a very good recipe for mussels, Here you will find more:
Pasta with mussels in wine and cream sauce
For this I drink a fresh white wine or full-bodied rose wine.
For updates, follow the blog on these social media platforms:
Mussels in coconut milk with lime and spring onion
Simplified version of the dish.
- 1 kg fresh mussels
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 red chilli
- 125 g spring onion
- 1 stilk lemongras
- 2 tbs oil for frying
- 4 dl coconut milk
- 1 lime
- salt and pepper
- fresh coriander
- Brush off the mussels and remove the "beard" Rinse in water several times and let them drain. Discard shells that are broken and those that do not close when you poop them on the bench.
- Peel and finely chop the garlic.Cut the spring onion into slices, save parts of the green part for garnish.
- Divide lengthwise, remove the seeds and make strips of chili.
- Place the lemongrass on the felt and tap it lightly with a saucepan so that the fibers divide, then tie a knot of the grass and hold it together.
- Blanch garlic, spring onion and chili in oil in a large pot that has room for the shells.
- Add coconut milk and lemongrass, bring to a boil.
- Put the mussels in a saucepan and cook for 3-4 minutes under a lid, stirring gently a few times.
- Take out the mussels with a slotted spoon and place in a bowl, discard those that have not opened.
- Reduce the broth for a few minutes, season with pressed lime, salt and pepper.
- Serve with rice or a good baguette
Calories: 425kcalCarbohydrates: 14gProtein: 5gFat: 43gSaturated Fat: 38gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 2gSodium: 37mgPotassium: 652mgFiber: 3gSugar: 2gVitamin A: 640IUVitamin C: 24mgCalcium: 93mgIron: 8mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!