Wienerschnitzel is for me the top of comfortfood!
It should be fried in so much butter and oil that it almost becomes like you deep fry it.
They are ready when they are golden and crispy.
Personally, I do not like that it is too greasy so I add it to “dry” on paper for a while before I serve.
Sauce for Wienerschnitzel, for me it does not exist, only lemon that is squeezed over together with capers and possibly. anchovy.
Sides for Wienerschnitzel.
Here I recommend this recipe for parsley potatoes.
Beaujolais is well suited as it is fruity and easy to drink, they are produced in the southern part of Burgundy and are made from the Gamay grape.
Grüner Veltliner which is fruity or a Gewurztraminer from the Alsace region in France.
I myself prefer to drink beer, and then a Pilsner Urquell.
For updates, follow the blog on these social media platforms:
- 4 slices veal fillet
- 2-3 egg
- 1 dl wheat flour
- 4 dl panko
- butter and oil for frying
- salt and pepper season the fillets before breading
- Beat out the files so that you become thin, I use to put baking paper over so I do not have to wash the meat hammer (it is also fine to use a rolling pin). When they are beaten out, salt and pepper them to taste.4 slices veal fillet, salt and pepper
- Whisk the eggs in a deep bowl, this should be used to cover the meat with eggs..2-3 egg
- Bring out two more deep bowls, one for the flour and one for Panko grill flour1 dl wheat flour, 4 dl panko
- Dip the fillets in flour, then in eggs and finally the Panko.2-3 egg, 1 dl wheat flour, 4 dl panko
- Let them dry for a while before frying
- Fry the files for approx. 3-4 minutes on each side depending on thickness.