Cauliflower soup with bacon and truffle, the best cauliflower soup I have ever made.
Looks great with pomegranate, bacon and sage and what could be better than bacon and truffle!
Wine that I drink for this is a fresh sauvignon blanc from the Rhône valley, soave or champagne.
More dishes with truffles can be found here:
Pasta with truffle
For updates, follow the blog on these social media platforms:
Cauliflower soup with bacon and truffle
- 1 cauliflower
- 3 cloves garlic in thin slices
- 2 banana shallots in thin slices
- 1 l chicken broth
- 1 dl cream
- 2 tbs black truffle grated
- 2 tbs brown butter
- 1 pomegranate
- 70 g bacon
- 8 leafs sage
- Brown butter in a saucepan large enough for the soup.
- Cut onions and garlic into thin slices.
- Cut cauliflower into smaller pieces.
- Divide the pomegranate and remove the seeds.
- Cut the bacon into smaller pieces.
- Fry onion and garlic in the brown butter for approx. 1 minute.
- Add 1 liter of chicken stock and cauliflower.
- Cook until the cauliflower is cooked through, approx. 20 min.
- Fry the bacon in a separate pan until it is crispy, place the bacon on kitchen paper so it dries.
- Fry the sage leaves in the bacon fat, approx. 1 min on each side.
- Now that the cauliflower is cooked, I take the pan off the heat and remove some of the liquid. Keep the liquid, this you will use later to get the consistency you want on the soup.
- Mix with a hand mixer to the desired consistency and add cream to your taste and the liquid you removed.
- Return to the heat and add the grated truffle.
- Salt and pepper as desired, I prefer white pepper to the soup.
- As soon as the soup is hot, pour it into deep plates and garnishes with bacon, sage and pomegranate. If you want the dish extra nice, take out the mandolin and make some nice sliced truffles for decoration.
- Serve and enjoy!