Risotto with truffle and Chestnut mushrooms.
This recipe is with the real truffle which gives a completely different taste experience!
It will be a completely different taste experience with the real truffle compared to truffle oil!
Truffle is not the cheapest ingredient, but is so wonderfully good.
If you keep it straight you keep it for several days and you make several dishes.
Some tips on truffles:
- Black truffle needs some heat to properly release the flavors.
- Store it in an airtight glass wrapped in paper towels.
- The paper is changed everyday, the truffle should not get damp.
- Raw truffles do not taste as good as heated truffles.
More risotto recipes:
Risotto with scallops
For updates, follow the blog on these social media platforms:
Risotto with truffle
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 3 dl rice Carnaroli or Arborio
- 250 g chestnut mushroom
- 2 ms truffle finely grated
- 2 dl white wine I use sauvignon blanc from the Rhone Valley
- 1 l chicken broth
- 1 banana shallots finely chopped
- 1 dl parmesan finely grated
- 50 g butter to taste
- salt and pepper to taste
- Pour olive oil into a large pan or saucepan.
- Heat the broth in a separate pot.
- Fry the onion soft and shiny.
- Add the rice and let it cook until the rice grains are shiny.
- Add wine, from now on it is important to stir constantly, lower the heat.
- Add broth, a little at a time while stirring constantly.
- Taste the rice, when it has some chewing resistance it's time for the next step.
- Add parmesan and stir, making sure the risotto is not to dry.
- Add truffle.
- Add the mushrooms
- Finish with butter, I use a a lot.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Place the risotto on a plate and shake it gently so that the risotto is evenly distributed on the plate.
- Garnish with fine slices of truffle and aroma mushrooms.