Homemade pepper sauce with Cognac is one of my absolute favorite sauces!
No waiting for wine to reduce, fry onion and pepper, burn off with Cognac, add liquid and bring to the boil, easily and quickly and the result will be great!
If you have no veal broth in the freezer, nno worries, the recipe for one that only takes minutes to make: Veal broth
Remember not to burn Cognac under the kitchen fan, but move the pan to a safe place!
For updates, follow the blog on these social media platforms:
Pepper sauce with Cognac
Great tasting and fast to make.
- 2 tbs black pepper Blanchert og grovstøtt
- 1 dl shallots finely chopped
- 2 tbs Cognac
- 2 dl cream
- 1 ts dijon mustard
- butter for frying
- 4 dl veal stock
- Blanch the peppercorns, boil water with the peppercorns 3 times, change the water after each boil
- Fry onions and peppercorns in as little butter as possible, you will set fire on the Cognac and then there should not be too much liquid in the pan
- Add Cognac and turn on (move the pan so you are not under the kitchen fan)
- Add stock and bring to a boil
- Add cream and cook until the sauce is even
- Taste off with mustard and salt
Calories: 791kcalCarbohydrates: 23gProtein: 11gFat: 75gSaturated Fat: 47gPolyunsaturated Fat: 3gMonounsaturated Fat: 22gCholesterol: 274mgSodium: 1587mgPotassium: 701mgFiber: 3gSugar: 8gVitamin A: 2945IUVitamin C: 9mgCalcium: 192mgIron: 2mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!