Beer can chicken, juicy chicken on the grill with minimal preparation.
Rub a whole chicken with rub and insert the top of the beer can into the chicken.
Here it is important to use a grilling method called indirect grilling.
See Weber’s website for tips on grilling methods
Here is the recipe for rub I use:
For updates, follow the blog on these social media platforms:
Beer can chicken
The chicken becomes juicy from the beer that boils up in the meat.
- 1 chicken
- 1 beer can 330 ml
- put hickory tiles in a bowl with ¼ of the beer, this so they do not start to burn when you put them in to the grill
- Remove any feathers from the chicken
- Rub the chicken in with rub
- Put a tablespoon of rub in the beer can, do this over the sink as the beer can "effervesce" over
- put the chicken on the beer can and turn the wings at the back of the chicken (see picture)
- grill on indirect heat for about 1 hour and 20 min
- the chicken is ready when the meat at the bone holds 82 °
Serving: 200gCalories: 1032kcalProtein: 89gFat: 72gSaturated Fat: 21gPolyunsaturated Fat: 16gMonounsaturated Fat: 30gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 360mgSodium: 336mgPotassium: 907mgVitamin A: 672IUVitamin C: 8mgCalcium: 53mgIron: 4mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!