Risotto with scallops, lemon and leeks, if you like risotto you must try this recipe! Feel free to replace scallops with fresh shrimps.
When making risotto, you need a suitable type of rice.
The Italians use Arborio which has larger grains or Carnaroli which has slightly smaller grains but which gives a wonderful chewing resistance (al dente).
Risotto is not difficult to make but needs a lot of love along the way.
Fry the onion with a little oil, it is important that you do not use high heat.
Add the rice and let the rice cook while stirring.
Fry the scallops and add Parmesan, peas, butter and lemon.
Season with salt and pepper, add scallops and serve.
For updates, follow the blog on these social media platforms:
Risotto with scallops
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 3 dl rice Carnaroli or Arborio
- 2 dl white wine I use sauvignon blanc from the Rhone Valley
- 1 l chicken broth
- 1 banana shallots Finely chopped
- ½ leeks in thin slices
- 1 dl green peas frozen
- zest of 1 lemon
- 1 dl parmesan grated
- butter to taste
- 2 tbs lemon juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- Put olive oil in a large pan or saucepan.
- Heat the broth in a separate pot.
- Fry the onion and leek on low heat until the onion is soft and shiny.
- Add the rice and let it cook until the rice grains are shiny.
- Add wine, from now on it is important to stir constantly, lower the heat.
- Add broth, a little at a time while stirring constantly.
- Taste the rice, when it has some chewing resistance it's time for the next step.
- Add peas, lemon zest and lemon juice.
- Add parmesan and stir.
- Finish with butter.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Place the risotto on a plate and shake it gently so that the risotto is nicely distributed on the plate.
- Add the scallops and serve!