Bacon Explotion is a real fat bomb, but it’s good!
It is easy to make and you can vary the filling and spices to suit your taste.
I use my own Basrub but here you can use your own favorite.
Thanks to BBQ Lovers for the inspiration
Bacon explosion on another way
For updates, follow the blog on these social media platforms:
- 500 g minced meat
- 1 tbs paprika powder
- 1 fedd garlic pressed
- 1½ ts salt
- 1 ts black pepper
- 1 ts fennel seeds
- 1 ts chilli flakes
- 210 g bacon
- cheese riven
- BBQ sauce the one you like
- 1 Red pepper
- Mix well the minced meat, garlic and spices. Put the mixture in the fridge for a few hours so that the flavors can absorb well.
- Finely chop a packet of bacon (70g), crisp and fry the bacon.
- Then take 2 packets of bacon and weave them into a bacon mat of about 30 * 30 cm. REMEMBER to use a plastic sheet under the bacon mat so it will be easier to roll up into a cylinder.
- Rub with optional spice mixture on the bacon mat.
- Take a new piece of a plastic sheet, place evenly with minced meat on the happy package in the same size as the bacon mat.
- Rub the minced meat with your favorite spice and add the BBQ sauce.
- Now you can fill with whatever you want, in this recipe I use the bacon we fried earlier, cheese and peppers
- Roll minced meat with filling into a cylinder and place this on the bacon mat. Roll again so you have a cylinder lined with bacon.
- Rub again with your favorite spice
- Grill on indirect heat at 100° to 120° degrees until you reach a core temperature of 65° degrees.
- I use hickory for smoky taste, but apple is also good.
- Brush on glaze towards the end of grilling time
- Wrap in aluminum foil and let it rest for a while before cutting it into pieces.