To get the best cream au gratin potatoes, I pre-cook them.
It will then be much easier to get the right balance with salt and other spices you may add.
In this recipe for homemade cream au gratin potatoes, I have used fennel, but here you just have to try what you like.
For updates, follow the blog on these social media platforms:
Cream au gratin potatoes
When you pre-cook the potatoes, you get better control of the taste.
- ½ fennel in thin slices
- 600 g potatoes in thin slices
- 2 dl milk
- 2 dl cream
- 120 g cheddar aged 12 months.
- Cut potatoes and fennel into slices, here I use a mandolin.½ fennel, 600 g potatoes
- Boil milk and cream in a saucepan.2 dl milk, 2 dl cream
- Add the potato and fennel and simmer for 20 min.
- Set the oven to 225 °
- Stir a few times and season with salt, the potatoes are cooked when they have a light chewing resistance.
- Grate the cheese.120 g cheddar
- Whisk the potatoes with the cream in an ovenproof dish and sprinkle with cheese.
- Put the refractory mold in the oven and leave it for approx. 10 minutes or until the cheese has a nice color.
Calories: 594kcalCarbohydrates: 31gProtein: 23gFat: 43gSaturated Fat: 27gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 138mgSodium: 927mgPotassium: 947mgFiber: 4gSugar: 2gVitamin A: 1459IUVitamin C: 33mgCalcium: 545mgIron: 2mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!