Brussels sprouts with bacon are a good recipe for a side dish to meat, game and fish.
The recipe is often used as a side dish for Christmas food.
To you who do not like this cabbage, you should give it another try, you may have previously tasted an overcooked variety and it does not taste good! It is also full of vitamin C and other nutrients.
This is a typical “winter vegetable” and is best between November and February.
Here you can read more about Brussels sprouts.
For updates, follow the blog on these social media platforms:
Brussels sprouts with bacon
Brussels sprouts with bacon are well suited as an side dish to both meat and fish.
- 500 g bussels sprouts
- 3-4 shallots
- 100 g bacon
- olje tbs oil for frying
- salt and pepper to your liking
- Clean and cook the Brussels sprouts in lightly salted water for 2-3 minutes.
- Cool the Brussels sprouts in an ice bath or cold water, then the cooking process stops and the cabbage retains its color and elasticity.
- Cut bacon into smaller pieces.
- Finely chop shallots.
- Fry the bacon in a little oil, pick it up and set aside when ready.
- Blanch shallots on low heat for 1 min or 2.
- Increase the heat and add the Brussels sprouts, fry so it gets a little color.
- Add bacon and let i get warm.
- Ready to serve.
Serving: 125gCalories: 146kcalCarbohydrates: 7gProtein: 2gFat: 13gSaturated Fat: 5gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 12mgSodium: 36mgPotassium: 274mgFiber: 3gSugar: 2gVitamin A: 472IUVitamin C: 54mgCalcium: 30mgIron: 1mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!