Very good as a appetizer, preferably with Champagne or Gewürztraminer.
It is said that tarte flambée has its origins among the German speakers in Alsace.
For updates, follow the blog on these social media platforms:
Tarte flambée au munster
- puff pastry
- crème fraîche
- munster cheese
- Set the oven at 225 degrees
- lay the puff pastry on a baking tray and roll it thin
- add crème fraîche in a thin layer
- add onion and bacon, the onion can be pre-fried so it becomes softer, I never do that
- cut the munster cheese into thin slices and place on top
- into the oven until it is ready, the color should be dark but not burnt (flambée)
- cut into small mouthfuls and serve.